Friday, May 1, 2009

A Bond Like No Other

I am overwhelmed by the intense emotion I have.
It is strange to be in this space, strange to feel these emotions. Good strange though. I am loving this moment. 
I haven't stopped staring at this little treasure that we have created, hours go by and still I am staring. I don't even remember thinking much... I am just staring in awe, disbelief perhaps?
I notice your emotion. I notice how you are so obviously different and equally overwhelmed. You are absolutely in love.

What is this beginning to happen? Something I am unfamiliar with but I am enjoying none the less. Could I ever have imagined that I would be able to stand by and watch the single most intense emotion develop between the love of my life, my soul mate, my everything and this perfect little human angel .... 

The bond continues to grow. Changes from time to time, but always there. I am sorry for the many people who battle to bond with their baby... some through no fault of their own. I want to help them, show them what it feels like, give them the emotion and sensation as if it is a wrapped up present with the most decadent chocolate malt puffs. For me, it satisfies all the senses.

The bond between a parent and a child - a bond like no other!

No comments:

Post a Comment