Infant Massage is a rare and beautiful gift for parents, aiding them in the rearing of their children into responsible, well adjusted adults, The IAIM is an organization started in America by Vimala Schneider McClure to educate parents on the dynamics of the parent-child trust. It is the most important foundation upon which a child learns about the self and how to trust and respect other people. As a parent, loving relative or caregiver of an infant, you want to see your child flourish. Touch is as important as food for healthy mental and physical development. Massage provides attentive, pleasurable touch that can promote your baby’s well-being while increasing your ability to respond to his or her needs.
Other benefits of nurturing touch include:
* Helps relieve colic, tummy discomfort and teething
* Help stimulate all the body’s systems, i.e. immune, respiratory, nervous, endocrine, etc.
* Helps child cope with birth traumas
* Helps baby sleep better
* Deepens bonding
* Improves communication
* Child learns to identify a healthy, positive touch
Benefits for parents include:
* Helps the parent to feel more competent and confident in their parent role
* Opportunity for closeness and focused time together, for working parents and their babies
* Increases parents’ ability to help relax child in time of stress
* Increases self-esteem of parents by reinforcing their parenting skills
* Baby’s daily massage time offers parent a time to relax and unwind from the busy pace of life
* It enhances communication and builds respect between parent and child
* It enhances the bond between parents and adopted children
* It provides intimacy and special time for father and child
* It’s fun and relaxing for parents to massage their children
* It brings parents closer to each other by working towards a common goal: loving your baby & building a stronger family bond.